By Emma Muench, 9th June 2019
Our new website is finally here! With its simple design, clear layout and striking images, Oryx—The International Journal of Conservation’s new look and updated content help our authors, reviewers and readers find all the tools and resources they may need in order to write, submit, and review manuscripts, as well as to read our published articles.
There is something here for everyone, whether:
- This is the first time you’ve come across Oryx and would like to learn more about what we do or how the journal came to be. Check our About and History pages.
- You are preparing a manuscript for submission to Oryx and want to use one of our time-saving templates or check our Guidelines for authors to make sure your manuscript is properly structured and formatted according to the journal’s requirements.
- You need guidance on how to complete a constructive peer review. Visit our Guidelines for reviewers.
- You are a researcher who could benefit from the plethora of free, open-source software and data sets available to improve and streamline your work, including our Editor’s personal favourites. Find these in our Tools and resources.
- You’d like to learn more about some of our recently published articles and get a behind-the-scenes look from our authors’ field stories. Delve into our latest blog posts!
- You are an early-career conservationist/researcher who is writing up their research in preparation for submission to a peer reviewed journal. Our Writing for Conservation guide has you covered.
Our new Writing for Conservation guide, created by our Editor Martin Fisher, combines the excellent tutorials and step-by-step instructions of his Graphics for Conservation manual with the tips, tricks and advice he has gathered as Editor of a peer-reviewed journal, to support you with turning your writing into high-quality, publication-ready manuscripts. With its breadth of content, this guide covers all the bases and can help you:
- Structure your writing
- Present your data
- Manage your references
- Improve your writing
- Improve your graphics
- Promote your writing
- Check your writing
We hope you will enjoy browsing our new site and will find what you are looking for. At Oryx we strive to support our authors—wherever you live or work—throughout the submission and publication process. We want to help you publish high-quality content that will have real conservation impact.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.
Acknowledgements With grateful thanks to the team at Chameleon Studios, whose guidance, patience and expertise were instrumental in the re-design of our website, to all those who lent a helping hand in reviewing the website pre-launch and provided their feedback, and to the Rufford Foundation for their long-term support of the journal and in particular for supporting the development of the Writing for Conservation guide.